Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Father's Day

I had to work this weekend, so Matt got to celebrate Father's Day with several hours of solo parenting. At one point on Saturday, I called to check in and found out that Matt had taken the kids on a field trip to the Riverwalk along the Great Miami River. Judging by Natalie's reaction every time she sees water, she must have loved it. In fact, on my way back to work from an errand, I drove by the Riverwalk to spy on them. Matt was pushing the stroller and Natalie was running along side him. She looked so excited. They were having so much fun.

So as much as I hate working weekends, I know it's good for the kids to see this side of their Daddy. Solo time, just them and him. They love it, and they always have a cool adventure.

Happy Father's Day!
(Natalie had a hard time keeping her hands
away from Daddy's special cupcakes!)