Wednesday, July 27, 2011

35 weeks

I cannot believe I'm so close! This coming Monday my doctor will be able to tell me if I should expect an earlier delivery date. That is very exciting! I've already arranged to take vacation the last week of my pregnancy, because ... well, it's hot and I'm huge and I just can't be on my feet all day and be cheerful about it!

And then there's the fact that new baby's room is not at all finished. The crib is up and the bassinet is ready. Baby's clothes are hanging in the closet. But there is nothing, not a single thing, on the walls. I have lots of half-formed jungle-themed ideas, but nothing very cohesive. I'm trying to find the time to try out a project or two, but it's proving difficult, considering we still have to find a daycare we like. Plus, I have only a few short weeks with Natalie all to myself, and I want to make the most of them.

But today I'm not going to worry about anything. Instead, I will rejoice in the fact that I have less than 4 weeks of work left before I become a new mommy for the second time.