Sunday, January 11, 2009

643.52 -- Never Ending Story

Months ago, when I was sharing the good news of our new house with family, friends, and pretty much everyone else, one of my former coworkers said, "Congratulations! You'll never be bored again!" I laughed with her at the time, but I'm beginning to understand that she wasn't joking. Even on the day after Christmas, Matt preferred to spend his time in the basement working on our soon-to-be new half bath. For clarification, I had nothing to do with this project, except to fetch beer and make dinner. Matt got help from his friend (and several unwieldy power tools).


I didn't take a "before" picture, but this is pretty much what it looked like... minus the gaping hole in the floor.


Then came connecting the new pipe. The far end near the wall is where the commode will be.


Then they backfilled the hole with some of the original gravel and cement chunks. Pictured is Matt using all weight to tamp down the debris.


Finally it was time to mix and pour the cement. Next up, the walls :)